Monday, August 22, 2016

Faith


I wasn’t so sure what to post about. Words cannot express what it means to me that you take your time to read my blog so I was in turmoil over what to write or even if I should keep write this blog. Then as I was talking to a beautiful lady tonight who is new to Weight Loss Surgery I realized this is what I LOVE. I LOVE helping people on the path in life I find myself telling people all the time you can either stay where you’re at or you can go where you want to be the choice is yours. The first step is ALWAYS scary, always hard, and ALWAYS worth it. I also tell them have Faith. I don’t know how many times during my journey I would say to anyone who would ask or to my Mom I have Faith when I have nothing at all I have faith.
You have made the first step coming here, calling your doctor that is the first step now you need to know I have faith in you, when you don’t have faith in yourself I have faith in you. When you are ready to throw in the towel I have faith in you, I know it is hard to believe that someone you may have never met in your life has faith in you but I do. I know what it is like to want to quit, or you are crying because it is harder than you thought it is going to be. They did not show you all the break downs I had all the fights I had with myself over food, over the hate I had for myself because of  what I did to me and my family. 
Lately, I have had a lot of people say how strong I am. I am only strong because I told myself I had to be, I wanted something more than I wanted food. Now is there something in your life you want more than how that pizza, chocolate, hamburger, cake, cookie, soda, fried chicken, ice cream taste? I wanted life, I want to live, I want a child, I wanted to see my nieces and nephews grow up, I wanted to enjoy my life with my husband. I made a list of goals that I wanted to achieve some small, like walk up 5 steps without breathing hard, others seemed small and silly to some people like putting on a pair of jeans, then there were big ones like get a job and have a baby. All these goals helped me get to the weight I wanted to be. So, I would say to you pull out a paper write down your list big, small, silly or not they are yours and only yours it will help you get to where you want to be. I also made a weight chat was bright and colorful I hung it on the front of my refrigerator (we did not have guest over so no one ever saw my weight) I put my starting weight on it I made blocks for the weight I wanted to be and as I lost weight I and kept it off for two days I marked that block off. I also had a sign on the front of my cabinet and refrigerator that said WHATEVER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MELISSA IT IS NOT IN HERE!!!! I cannot say if it really helped but it felt like it did at times.
So, as you go on with your life today and your choices remember, I Melissa Dawn Morris Has FAITH in you and choice you are making about you and where you want to go. I have faith that when you are tired and it just seems easier to give up, given in, just throw your hands in the air and say really how much more can I really take, that you will stop in that moment and say One person in this world has faith in me and believes in me and believes in the changes I am ready to make. Take a deep breath, let it go and know YOU GOT THIS! You have someone on your side and supporting you and knows you can do it!!
Until next time LOVE,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment