Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Tipping the scale in your favor


*** I am not a doctor this is my own opinion  if you have questions talk to your doctor***
You step on the scales only to discover another 10 pounds has edged the number upwards. In my case my favorite jeans were really snug. What can you do to make the number go down and STAY THERE? With behavior modification and lifestyle changes you can achieve and maintain a healthy weight. It is much easier said than done TRUST me.
 It is important to learn what factors may have caused you to gain weight.
* It runs in your family
*Eating when you are lonely/bored/sad/stressed
*Eating just because food is there
* Rewarding yourself with food
* Taking medicine that makes you feel hungry

Once you figure out what your weight gain triggers are, you can learn ways to battle it. It is a life long battle that doesn't just go away because you want it to. I have lost the battle way more than one time!

Change you mind and your body.
You've heard it said a MILLION times before, but the best formula for successful weight loss is to reduce the total number of calories you take in and increase your physical activity. No this does't mean run out and join a gym or go from working out 4 times a week to twice a day every day. It means do more today than you did yesterday. you know what your body needs/can handle. Long-term success isn't about finding the "right diet." It's about changing behaviors that have led to weight gain and making a plan to develop healthier eation and physical activity habits all while working on fighting your mind.
Set specific goals just for weight loss; rather than saying I have a goal of losing 20 lbs,be more detailed about your goals. I want to workout 3 days a week, I will eat at home 5 days, I will pack my lunch, I will drink water daily. I find at this time it is All about tracking, I personally use Myfitnesspal because honestly I keep my phone with me always and this way I can track everyBLT (bite, lick, taste). If you track everything that you put in your mouth honestly for one week you will better know how to make a lifestyle change that will work for you. ONce you have evaluate your eating habits to to train yourself to eat without doing anything else and focus ont eh taste and smell of your food.
Here are some healthy habits to help you on your journey:
* Eat breakfast - you are breaking a fast - telling your body it is time to wake up burn some fat.
* Eating the sametime everyday then your body will know you are going to not starve it.
* Switch to whole grains and Non starch vegetables
*Cut out sugar-sweetened beverages (sweet tea, soda, fruit juice)
* limit your alcohol intake
* Portion...Portion....Portion
* Move..Move..Move in anyway shape or form
* Support, it really helps to have a group of people who are your support.

Remeber weight gain doesn't happen overnight, and neither do long-term changes. Concentrate on making one change at a time, and reward yourself for your progress and before you know it you will be going where you want to be!

Until next time,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment